We decided we had to go for an all-American dining experience. Here is how it works:
1. Pull in to a parking space.
2. Choose your burger, hot dog and slushy drink from the poster near the driver's seat. It's a tough decision...
3. Press a red button under the poster to deliver your order.
4. Wait for a girl on roller skates, called a car hop, to bring your order out to your car.
5. Enjoy! as they say in America. Actually our car hop told us to "have a sonic day". By the way, the place we are eating is the inside of our campervan. Pretty comfortable, eh!
It's a bit hard to know what to say about this whole dining experience, really. Look, at that, though, isn't that as American as the American flag?
I felt our meal had enhanced my sense of adventure rather than killing it, so we went off for a midnight drive into Joshua Tree National Park. There is a full moon tonight, and we wanted to see what kind of photography we could do. The two photos below are opposite sides of the same Joshua Tree, taken within a few minutes of each other, and completely un-enhanced. I used a flash, Mike used a long exposure. The red in his photo is from the car's tail lights.